HOSTED by DUKE CAREER SERVICES, DEMAN and ARTSTIGATORS
C’MON DOWN TO MEDIA-VILLE (yes, we have MONUTS!)!
Skype one-on-one with creative companies: HBO, VICE, BuzzFeed + Discovery!
WHEN: Weds, September 20th from Noon-2pm
COMPANY LIST + MORE INFO: https://www.facebook.com/events/155305701691887
– HBO: http://www.hbo.com/
– BuzzFeed: https://www.buzzfeed.com/
– VICE Media: https://www.vice.com/
– United Talent Agency: unitedtalent.com
– Above Average: https://aboveaverage.com/
– Discovery Communications (Discovery Channel, TLC, OWN): https://corporate.discovery.com
WHERE: Duke’s Fall Career Fair in Wilson Gym (follow the scent of Monuts to MEDIA-VILLE tables!)
1) Select who you would like to speak with and learn everything that you can about their company.
2) Keep at least two questions on hand to ask the interviewer and make sure they show that you did research. Do not ask general questions, such as “what does your company do?”
3) Be prepared to wait in line to speak with employers and be able to impress them in the few minutes you are allocated for each call.
4) Business casual suggested since the interviewer will see you on the Skype call.
5) Join the Artstigators and DEMAN groups on Facebook to learn about events like Media-ville if you are interested in creative industries.
6) Have fun!!
SEE YOU THERE!
Amy E. Unell
Duke University | arts.duke.edu
Director, Arts Engagement & Partnerships
#artstigators | Crazies for the Arts